Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 2 - Continuing the work


I know you were all worried, but I did get back to camp in time for dinners. Tacos! Yum ! With something called Kitty Litter for dessert. Yum - but a bit yucky looking.

After dinner, we had a visit from a Story teller from the Cherokee Nation. He told the best and funniest stories. Even better he used "volunteers" from the audience. Do you see a squirrel in that crowd?

After words the women were taught to dance - no pictures because I was dancing. And the men were able to sing us a Cherokee song. I promise video as soon as I get home.


Next morning (today) we were up early and back to our house to work. Look at those eager faces!

We worked on repairing drywall.


Painting!
Some of us tried some new things!

I mean lots of us tried new things!

And then some more painting!


We have spaghetti for dinner and then Cherokee Stomp Dancing!

1 comment:

Pastor Steve said...

Hmmm....can't wait for the video to come out. Sounds like another super day of sharing the love of Christ... doing new things, in new ways, in a new place. Thanks so much for your hard work and being Shepherds of Hope! Continuing to pray for you all.