Thursday, October 18, 2007

Getting Ready - Part Deux


With two days until we leave our team is in various states of readiness. I spoke to several team members today and discovered one packed and ready to go. Another was shopping this evening to buy some work clothes. One told me that Friday night was a good time to get ready. He said, "We don't leave until Saturday morning." I started gathering up my tools this evening and made a neat pile on the garage floor. Clothes can wait until tomorrow evening. I called my wife from work today and asked her to help me prepare. She graciously picked up the paperwork, money, van keys, etc. from the church office to help me get ready.


I wonder what the folks at Camp Hope, Mississippi are doing to get ready for us. We have have exchanged emails and phone calls. They know we are coming. What are the families living in the FEMA trailers doing to prepare for us? I'm sure they know we are coming. Camp Hope coordinates with them all the construction work that will be done.


Saturday morning we will load up the two church vans with baggage, tools, snacks, and team. Our plan is to depart from the COS McClay Campus at 8:00 AM. Before we take off we will prepare for our trip with a prayer. You are invited to join us for this time of prayerful readiness. We believe the trip will take about 11 hours including stops. That will put us in Gulfport around 7:00 PM Saturday night.


1 Peter 1:13 says this about preparing. "Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you..." I think we are ready.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We send with you our best! It's inspiring what God will do through you and your team this week.

Be amazed. Take the love of Jesus Christ to those who need to know and experience the never-ending love and support He gives to his children.

From all of us at home, thank you for accepting this mission.