Sunday, October 14, 2007

Problem Solved

It is amazing how connected we are with the internet, email, laptop computers, cell phones, PDAs, etc. Two days ago I posted a mission team need. We want to take videos of our mission to Gulfport, MS and post them to this blog. The problem was we did not have a video camera that provided a video digital file output we could post electronically. Well.......a blog reader contacted me by email. I was in Yosemite National Park in my hotel room, with internet access, reading my email, on my laptop, and there it was; the answer. The reader advised that most small digital cameras have a movie mode. I immediately checked my digital camera. You can not go to Yosemite without a camera. Sure enough, the camera has movie mode. DAH!!!!! I checked it out and it worked. It can create digital movie files. So.....now we will be able to post a few video clips of our mission to this blog. This is great news.

Our goal with this blog is to get you involved in our mission even though you can not go. The movie clips we post should help meet this goal. If all works well you should almost feel like you are there with us. Read this blog regularly to stay connected to us and the work being done by your mission team in Gulfport, MS.

Isn't technology amazing? Technology helps us stay connected. It puts us all closer together. Think about it. Only a few years ago there were no bloggers, posting to blog sites, that reside on computers, connected to the internet, that anyone in the world can view. The world has changed. Using technology to God's purpose is a new way to build God's kingdom.

No comments: